The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Austin Sevens in Films
Hell Drivers!! What a cast...
Hell Drivers is a splendid piece, that I had never seen or heard of until it was mentioned on this treasure trove of cinematic history, the Seven Forum. Obviously a youth spending far too much time hanging about art house cinemas watching incomprehensible French films. I am puzzled as to why Hell Drivers has become so little known. The cast is remarkable and watching it is a delight to the social historian, the cinephile and indeed the truck anorak. How some films appear on youtube I do not know and don't want to ask but there is much to see. Now has anyone gone out to see Le Mans 66 aka Ford vs Ferrari and is it recommended, or just an orgy of CGI with bad cod Italian voices?
(30-11-2019, 02:33 PM)Chris KC Wrote: I think we have had a similar thread on this forum; and I believe it was Bill Sheehan who proposed by far the best film I've seen for A7 footage as well as for general contemporary London traffic - 'Jack's the Boy' (1932). It's also a bit of a laugh. Though yes I'd agree 'Went the Day Well' is also good.

Watch (or copy!) the movie here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIfU_xQicXs

There is a very brief showing of a  light coloured two seater Austin Swallow ( turning left) in frame 40/23.  

Very rarely spotted in traffic.
No doubt youtube control are asking, why on earth are there  dozens of people watching Jacks the Boy on a Saturday evening!
I thought that might be a Swallow but it was a bit quick and I wasn't sure. The assortment of ancient buses and commercial vehicles in the film is a treat too.
Swallow?

Attached Files
.jpg   Swallow.jpg (Size: 15.58 KB / Downloads: 740)
I find myself watching Talking Pictures on Freeview 81 a lot these days. Many long forgotten British films from the 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s.
Loads of period cars including Austin 7s to be seen.
It was "Went the day well" that I saw on telly about 15 years ago that revived my interest in Austin 7s!
(30-11-2019, 11:36 PM)Colin Morgan Wrote: Swallow?

I'm pretty sure it is.

Looks like the driver is reading a street map?
Steve - I watched Le Mans 66 last week and found it very entertaining. There are some daft bits where drivers grimace at one another while doing 200mph wheel-to-wheel but on the whole it is a well told story, that generally stays true to the history. Much laughter when Henry Ford II finds out what a GT40 will do... and hardly a dry eye in the house at the end of the film. Worth seeing.
I found a couple of old stills from the TV on my PC... avoiding watching it again...