The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Swallows
I have just been sent copies of two photos of Swallow saloons, with the message that the originals can be forwarded to the present owners ... unfortunately neither appear to be recognised by the DVLA. JU 722 appears on the Association Register, whilst TH 626 may have been re-registered as J 71931 (Jersey?) or may be in the Netherlands.

If anyone knows either of these cars, let me know:

.jpg   A7 Swallow Somewhere in Leicestershire.jpg (Size: 264.21 KB / Downloads: 594)

'Somewhere in Leicestershire, possibly mid-1950s'

.jpg   Austin 7 Swallow body.jpg (Size: 255.89 KB / Downloads: 595)

Thought to date from around 1970
Another reminder to us all how important it is to retain the original registration number, or at least retain reference, for those cars living abroad as it is often the only way to find any history...Tony Betts’ early chummy being a prime example!
Mike - In the lower photo, is the position of the rear axle the result of a particular violent reversing manoeuvre?
does anyone know if my old swallow is still about in this country reg number NG 1760 thanks Rob.
I don't know, Nick; he would certainly have difficulty carrying it if it has just been bought. Does anyone recognise the venue?

DVLA has NG 1760 untaxed since September 1983, which suggests it has probably flown abroad.
The second one looks like Blenheim Palace.
Yes, it is Blenheim Palace. My son-in-law used to live there when he worked for the Duke. Great address to have!!
Hello Mike
Strange, I have had another request for information regarding a Swallow.
I fear this one no longer exists.

Adrian.
If the illustration is of June Whyte's car, then it was a boat-tailed 2-seater, not a Swallow. Either way, OF5919 seems to be long gone.