The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A7 V8!
Spot on Alan!

.jpg   949 XUW.jpg (Size: 205.72 KB / Downloads: 520) Great, I like his means of entry exit. Here's what you can do with an RN saloon.
(23-11-2019, 06:31 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Spot on Alan!

As they say, +1.

As to the engine in the Rod. Radiator looks like cut down Model A so, maybe, a Ford connection. Flat Head V8 with OHV conversion perhaps?

Although is a Flat Head V8 with an OHV conversion still a Flat Head V8 ? Undecided Undecided

Steve
How about an A7 multibank engine?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_A57_multibank
This is a lovely V8 based on Busa motorcycle blocks and heads :http://www.steveprenticedesign.com/proje...al-rpe-v8/
For those not versed a few facts may be of interest. 
Most V8s since the 1920s do not use a "flat" crank but a more complex one giving smoother balance. Flat cranks are used for racing as the firing order better suits tuned manifolds (and produces a more impressive exhaust sound!). Most V engines have conrods side by side on the same crankpin. But some have had one rod forked to fit each side of the other. And others use the master and slave rod arrangement as pictures (which arrangement is taken much further in radial aero engines).
Normally there is only one camshaft so a problem with sv v engines is the mix of exhaust and inlet manifolds in the V, so that heat is a problem. The Ford V8 ducted exhaust through the block to the outside but heat rejection into the water was great.
(23-11-2019, 07:59 PM)Steve Jones Wrote:
(23-11-2019, 06:31 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Spot on Alan!

As they say, +1.

As to the engine in the Rod. Radiator looks like cut down Model A so, maybe, a Ford connection. Flat Head V8 with OHV conversion perhaps?

Although is a Flat Head V8 with an OHV conversion still a Flat Head V8 ? Undecided Undecided

Steve

Definitely not a Ford motor in that photo. Looks to be a late model (with Vortec cylinder heads) Small Block Chevrolet motor; should result in brisk performance. Factory capacities of these motors range up to 6.5 litres; with some aftermarket jiggery pokery 7 litres swept volume is achievable.
The (ex) owner has confirmed this as a 350 Chevy which, I guess, is what Stuart suggested..
The chap in the unit next to my workshop has an Autograss car with a V8 Hyabusa engine. 360 hp in a thing weighing less than 750 kg! It sounds amazing when he fires it up but he's having it rebuilt at present. He flipped the car earlier this seasonso he's building a new one...very serious.
Evan writes:

"Hi Ruairidh These are the photo’s of the Austin 7 V8 that Des Plummer in Nelson NZ and myself are building, all plates are laser cut, two rods per journel. Thanks for posting these for me, cheers Evan"

.jpg   Austin 7 v8.jpg (Size: 65.66 KB / Downloads: 210)

.jpg   Austin 7 v8 1.jpg (Size: 136.77 KB / Downloads: 210)

.jpg   Austin 7 v8 2.jpg (Size: 139.04 KB / Downloads: 211)

.jpg   Austin 7 v8 3.jpg (Size: 109.1 KB / Downloads: 208)

.jpg   Austin 7 V8 4.jpg (Size: 140.89 KB / Downloads: 209)