The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New project
Hallo Eddie

If in "the North" look up 'The Ulster Pre-war Austin Club' if RoI talk to me at 'Cairde an Seacht bhig' - might be able to help

Ian Clayton, Bantry, Co Cork 027 52759
Hi Eddie,

Your car and its registration can also be found on the Irish Car Checking Site 'cartell.ie' - link below

https://www.cartell.ie/ssl/servlet/begin...on=CYA+695

Like everyone else, I think you've got yourself a very good sound basis for a relatively easy restoration, after all it must have been in reasonable roadworthy condition to have been taxed and MOT'd in the UK back in late 1979. Presumably it's been in dry storage ever since and as a bonus its last UK owner appears to have been a Pre-War Austin 7 Club member according to the A7CA Chassis Register and therefore an A7 enthusiast.

When you have the time it would be worth updating the A7CA Chassis Register using their 'Previous Entry Updating Notification Form' - link below, to show that the car has been re-discovered and is now in Ireland. As your car is listed on the DVLA Database, it would most likely have had a DVLA V5 Registration Document when last taxed in 1979 - that would be a useful document to get hold of and keep when you pick up the car at the weekend.

The registration letters CYA show that the car was first registered when new in the county of Somerset between October and December 1936 and as Mick has already mentioned it's a Mk 2 ARR Ruby.

http://a7ca.org/chassis-register/notification-form/

Jeff.
Bravo, another hidden gem heading back to the road.
Andy B
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Nice little project. From stradbally?
I started work on one of the two stripped engines that came with the car. Both very badly corroded, one seized on both the crank and piston seized in block with bent con rod. the other engine looks salvageable. tried the rings in the bores and have 0.050 ring gap, a little too much i feel. Does anyone know if i can get +0.040 rings to suit Specialloid pistons and where would i get them if possible?. These rings look thicker than the other piston rings on the other engine.
There are many good suppliers. I have only dealt with tony betts alot. Reasonable on postage to Ireland. 
Was this ruby outside stradbally? 
John
Thanks John. I have just looked at his webpage. He does not say if he has oversize or different make, so i will send him a mail. Thanks for the reply. In relation to where this car was, I purchased it from a guy just outside Ballylinan in Athy. Thanks again.
That's the one! Congrats! Great project.
Tony Betts replied that he does not stock these rings.
Hi, Many years ago when I was selling copiers and fax machines I had a customer in Sheffield called "The Standard Piston Ring Company". I've just had a quick look and it appears they are still going (in Rotherham now).
Without looking too closely, their main web page talks about making rings between 11 mm and 17 metres so maybe they can help?
Best wishes in your search,
Nick