The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Great Aunt's Seven
Hi all,
 I came across another pic of my great aunt's car, this time showing a rear view with the registration plate in view. Curious to know if the car survived?

.jpg   Aunt kitty's A7.jpg (Size: 84.42 KB / Downloads: 545)

Cheers,
Stephen
The registration DF 4419 isn't on the DVLA Database nor the A7CA Chassis Register I'm afraid Steve. The prefix DF shows the car was first registered in Gloucestershire, DF registrations being introduced from June 1926. By the beginning of January 1929 6612 vehicles had been licensed.
A lovely photo, Steve; may I add it to the Gallery?
Thank you Mike, yes you most certainly can.
Cheers,
Stephen
Here are the other two photos that are the same car:

Cheers,
Stephen
Great photos... Loving the hats and dog!
I love everything about those photos - and the most recent one solves the question I asked in '1927 Chummy #5 Windscreen frame fittings' about the function of the lower right angled 'peg' on the windscreen pillar. As I thought, it is for a driving mirror. Thanks Steve.
What evocative photos!
I particularly like the timber "motor house" behind the car...
(21-11-2019, 09:09 AM)Nick Salmon Wrote: I love everything about those photos - and the most recent one solves the question I asked in '1927 Chummy #5 Windscreen frame fittings' about the function of the lower right angled 'peg' on the windscreen pillar. As I thought, it is for a driving mirror. Thanks Steve.

Interesting, too, that the windscreen wiper motor is a semi-circular version rather than the cylindrical version that most people believe to be the correct type.
Is that Trico wiper? I thought they were round Lucas ones fitted when new