The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Replacing cylinderhead
Don't even think about having a go yourself unless you're very experienced with such things.

Steve
Hi Paul

I echo Steve’s comment.  I’ve just had a radiator rebuilt with a new (modern) core.  By replacing the core the top and bottom tanks could be repaired from inside.  The finished job looks just superb and I think it was worth the £230 I paid.

Cheers

Howard

PS The engine looks the business! Well done.
Taken rad off tonight, core looks good but header tank has been repaired at sometime.
Is it possible to repair or replace headers?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Without doubt. However, you need to find someone who can do it. I've recently seen an unbelievable repair carried out to an original Ulster tank/radiator damaged in a roll over incident. Stunning work that many would say wasn't possible given the level of damage.

Steve
I live nr Cambridge, does anyone have any recommendations?
Hi,
Still about head gasket coumpound, any opinion about that one?
Form-a-gasket n°2
I think it is similar to what was called here in the 60's "Hermetic".
Black sticky and smelly stuff I used then (I was 12 and didn't like it on fingers but my father said to put it so...)
Thanks
Paul - Gerry at Anglia Radiators can resolder the neck for you...
Travelling in East Africa we had a puncture and fitted the spare, at the next village we stopped to have it repaired. Waiting for the repair I spied a guy with a selection of proper soldering irons, a charcoal burner and a small boy to work the bellows. It was really interesting watching a craftsman at work repairing a truck radiator, he was surrounded with all manner of items to repair.