The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
gaskets
As far as I'm aware there's no one selling individual spare parts for these early AC pumps other than new diaphragms, sealing washers etc and these seem mainly for the more common 'T' Type pumps. I think it'll be a case of you finding someone with a stash of cannibalised 'M' Types or buying a complete S/H one for spares. Have you tried Tony Betts at 7 County Austins ? - if he can't supply you with a filter gauze, I'm sure he'll have some complete 'M' type pumps on his shelves.

http://www.7ca.co.uk/used_parts.htm
I made the pump cover and pump - to - crankcase gaskets from silicon sheet.

I made the diaphragm from rubber dinghy patch material (probably Hypalon), but it starts to decompose after a few months.

Unlike the T type diaphragm, which is ?rivetted? to the diaphragm, the M type is fixed with a nut, so easily replaced - by the roadside if necessary.

I expect someone could point us to a diaphragm material that will last, or when I get round to it I will try to use a T type one, one of these days, when other things - like getting more than 35 mph out of the engine - get sorted.