The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
gaskets
can you tell me where i can get a gasket for this please......

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'm assuming you mean the 1932 to 1939 petrol pump body to crankcase gasket - if so they're available from Austin 7 Components - their part number BE124.

https://www.a7c.co.uk/spares.php#engine
No, for the panel you can see in the pic with the 3 screws, it leaks oil
That’s not a standard 32-39 T-type pump. I would suggest that you get some gasket card or hard cardboard and cut you own. Fit it with silicon glue .
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Ah, I see what you mean now - you obviously have an 'M' type pump whereas my 1934 / 35 (RP) AVH Van engine has the 1932 to 1939 'T' type pump with priming lever which is a solid alloy casting and doesn't have this three screwed cover and gasket. Others with 'M' Type pumps may know differently, but I can't say I've ever seen this gasket offered for sale. 

This particular gasket M031 is shown in 'The Austin Seven Centre Ltd' catalogue as being unavailable back in the 1980's when they were still in business.

I think you may have to make one up yourself from the correct thickness of gasket paper.      

This eBay seller  cisonline11  sells a pack of 5 A4 sheets of Flexoid Gasket Paper in various thicknesses.

.png   Screenshot 2019-11-16 at 15.39.09.png (Size: 94.25 KB / Downloads: 281)
When you put posts on the forum although a photograph is a good thing to use. It also helps if you state what the item is. I had no idea until Jeff Taylor mentioned petrol pumps and a type M.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Hi Andrew,

See my new post re the problems you were having trying to swap main springs between your old fuel pump - now identified as an 'M' Type and your new Seven Workshop 'T' Type pump. The thread was 'Dripping Zenith 26va' started by 'morrisminor' - link below.

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/foru...p?tid=2760
Hi Atlantis.
I have some gasket material here that you can have with pleasure if you fancy a drive over to Marsden one evening.
Regards
Joe.
Andrew
I also have a collection of springs which you are welcome to have a look through and see if there is one suitable for your fuel pump.
Regards
Joe.
Thank you all for the replies,
John Mason sorry I will do in future.
Jeff Taylor thanks I am going to make a gasket And use my old pump as I know it works well and has new diaphragm.
Joe eck Thanks for the offer if I keep having problems I may call and see you.

I am also seeking a filter for the top if anyone knows of any ??