The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little puzzle to fritter away those damp, dark November evenings.
What might this be? The "answer" will be revealed in a few days' time. And no, it's not still there! To encourage you to have a go, a prize for the best effort or correct solution is offered of any two books from the "Workshop Series"
[url=https://store.lathes.co.uk/books][/url]
[Image: low-scrap.jpg]
The radiator and dumb-irons could be Swallow ... but the scuttle mounted spare is odd. Something Australian perhaps?

I'd like to know if it's still there!

Peter.
Military 2 seater??
Mulliner?
Mulliner sports?
No idea but quite a good sketch!

Paul N-M
Hi Tony

It’s a pre 1930 car as it has a D shape gravity tank and early radiator cowl.  That makes it short wheelbase but it has doors AND a near side spare wheel carrier. I doubt that both could be used simultaneously!

The only car that fits that in the Source Book is the Boyd Carpenter.

By the way what is the cash prize?

Cheers

Howard
It's broken, but if Water Ski guy got hold of it it would be an almost complete project ready for registration by your local club and on the road in a week or 2.
Andy B
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
I'd skip the Austin and rescue the Landau behind it. I also see a Standard and perhaps a Rover on it's side.
(13-11-2019, 08:30 PM)Howard Wrigh Wrote: By the way what is the cash prize? Cheers, Howard

Go on then; any two books from the "Workshop Series" shown here