The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Van rear springs
What is the difference between RP and Van rear springs?
A look at "rear springs",currently on page 3 may give some info.
The post on page 3 is interesting but gives little info beyond prices, part numbers and the number of leaves.
What I would really like to know are spring rates and/or leaf dimensions.
It occurs to me that if a ‘34 RP had odd springs it would make sense that a van of the same age would also have odd springs.
...but are we not still pretty much in the dark from that list (other than leaf number) unless we have a forensic assessment of the parts fitted to a low mileage original RP, and Van.

Perhaps Ian could give us practical information in respect of what it means today for new ones specified/made.
Ian Dunford at Vintage Austin Services may be able to help. email IANDUNFORD@BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
(12-11-2019, 06:54 PM)Henry Harris Wrote: It occurs to me that if a ‘34 RP had odd springs it would make sense that a van of the same age would also have odd springs.

I'd intuit that, seeing that that isn't the case from the Index card list, a van might be more likely to have a balanced heavy load over both sides than just a heavy driver. And that with a van carrying loads - else why have a van - that the effect of a driver would be far lessened in creating imbalance when added to that load?

Or not.