The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fan Pulley Assembly
Does anyone know the correct order of assembly for the1929 1930 fan pulley?  I am fitting a new fan pulley and felt seal. The Austin Spare Parts Book diagram is vague. The John Platts drawing shows a washer behind the fan and felt seal. There is a radius turned into the spindle to take account of! A simple job turning out to be more time consuming than I thought! Any ideas?
Neither of my cars (1930 & 1934) have the washer you refer to, the felt seal bears directly against the chamfered edge (which is nice & shiny), all fits together fine and was like it before I got both cars (at separate times).

I have recently put loctite thread lock on the fan screws, I had a problem recently when a screw made a bid for freedom and had an unfortunate encounter with the radiator core... fortunately, a new core was going to be on the cards anyway due to disintegration of the cooling fins (attacked by the salt), forced the issue and meant that I could attend to other matters as well, so turned a negative into a positive!