The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1924 Micron
David, you've missed the point. "Voiture sans permis" means "car without licence". You don't need one to drive them. That's why they're expensive because the market is small and they have no choice, if they want to continue to drive, pissed.
MY error....I was not concentrating when I wrote in....I MEANT to say you couldn't drive the Romanian wonders without a licence!!
(10-11-2019, 04:07 PM)Tony Griffiths Wrote: https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1161145
...and equally amusing, a car that has an A-frame chassis, a proper back axel and quarter-ellipitic rear springs, etc.
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C842147

No the really clever part is as the engine and transmission swivel with the front wheels there is no need for CV joints.
Cheers

Mark
Not CV joints, but it does appear to have inner and outer fabric couplings, presumably to cater for suspension travel:

.jpg   micron10.jpg (Size: 224.01 KB / Downloads: 136)
Four fabric joints! We have enough trouble with just one....  It seems that the engine, gearbox and differential were built as one unit and it's likely - as the lever beneath the steering wheel appears to suggest this - that the gear change would have been a motorcycle positive-stop type. The steering wheel was obviously connected to a chain by which the whole "compact and ingenious" assembly was rotated about its vertical axis.
The arrangement is rather like the very much rather simpler one used in the Bond 3-wheeler minicar car- but with the single front wheel, no need for a differential of course. 
The story of Bond, worth a read - if you're enamored of marginal motoring below the status of an A7

[Image: bond.jpg][Image: bond2.jpg]
Wasn't there an industrial powered flatbed trolly thing with tiller steering?

Three wheels, engine over the front wheel?

Called a "Bonser"?
I think that was a Lister; I.m pretty sure the Bonser was rear wheel drive.