The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin 'Boulonge' CycleCar
[attachment=8126][attachment=8126][attachment=8126]Hi all, just this year I built from scratch a 'Boulonge' to enter into the TIETON 7 event held in Tieton WA, in the USA. I am based in Mission, BC Canada.
Way back in the very early 60's my younger brother had a Austin 7 chassis complete with engine, drive line and wheels. We sure had a lot of fun driving that around the vacant land near where we lived in Nth Queensland, Australia.

Just 2 years back I was looking for something to satisfy my craving for building and driving and stumbled across CycleKarts. Well, after a bit of study and much more Google searches I came across the Boulonge, based on the Austin 7 and there were 3 of them built back in 1923. I was hooked, and in January of this year, after finishing off the workshop, I started my build of this fantastic little car. Completed just in time for the event on June 21st. 

I attach 2 photos here of the finished CycleCar. I fabricated the front axel exactly as Austin built it and except for the steering box, I have used a rack and pinion. Time and money prevented me from getting a small steering box.