The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The co-respondent's Austin 7
As soon as I saw this Spanish domiciled car I though "co-respondent's shoes". A term that may be familiar only to our older members....
[Image: co-respondent.jpg]
[Image: shoes.jpg]
Also known as brothel creepers I seem to recall.
Both photos in fact
Yes, ouside the fireworks pop and bang, and indoors it is gruesome Sunday on the Seven Forum. Certain grandchildren are still crying after the story their grandfather wrote and read to them. "By the roadside, the merry kinder were picking little flowers and singing sweetly. Suddenly, roaring down the lane, a dreadul rotary monster rushed towards them..."

Meanwhile, Dunford family memories. All those years ago when a young man was summoned into papa's study. "Now Ruairidh my boy, sit down. I think it's time I had a bit of a chat with you about the birds and bees. Oh, and certain sorts of footwear."
Brothel creepers were brown suede shoes with soft crepe rubber soles.
On the subject of footwear, I was once told that on his many drives at Le Mans in the '50s Duncan Hamilton always wore black shoes for his night time stints because no gentleman wore brown shoes after six thirty.