The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin 7 tanks
Not sure if this particular picture has been seen before. It's a pair of stitched together screengrabs I took from a film that included a rostrum camera "pan" over a still image. I was surprised by how well it came out.
[Image: A7Tank.jpg]
That Might be a Dixi prototype for the Panzer.
I believe these were used for military practice without having real tanks due to the post WW1 restrictions
If you look at the uniforms they do not look like the British ones ( note the shiny Jack Boots )
What Dickie said (not a proto but a 'practice' tank)
Tony,

Barry Argent wrote about these in one of his A7CA Magazines - if you cannot find it, let me know and I will post it up.
(31-10-2019, 07:34 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Tony,

Barry Argent wrote about these in one of his A7CA Magazines - if you cannot find it, let me know and I will post it up.

Thanks, Ruairidh,

I'd be keen to see the article. The clip was taken from a Netflix film "Age of Tanks" where the story of the German imitation tanks was covered in fair detail, the organiser of the scheme being quoted about how it came about. The film is a four-part series that has interesting historical parallels with the motor car.
OK Chris,
I did have my tongue in cheek when I typed Prototype ( I was not trying to re write history ) Just raise a smile !!!
Here you are Tony, I have included the Secretarial for those who doubt my paternal roots...

Thanks, R, most interesting. The film fills in a lot of detail; the part about testing in Russia and the building of a tank factory there under german sponsorship had certain "repercussions" later on...
I remember the article, I should have it buried in the study somewhere.
Well done for bringing it back to life folks.