The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Mice!!
After fulfilling her supporting role as our wedding limo back in 1971, GG 8095 went back to live in the carport, to be taken out occasionally for a weekend spin. It was only a few months later when I happened to look under the rear seat that I noticed some remaining wedding rice we hadn't cleaned up - and mouse droppings! The little blighters had gate-crashed GG for an after-party that must have been going on for ages. Following their extended honeymoon, the mice plundered the abundance of horse hair, cotton wadding and other Longbridge goodies to build themselves some magnificent nests in the upholstery. We often wonder what our uninvited guests must have thought of those Sunday rides we treated them to.
Andrew Fallon
Netherlands
I had an electronic device that was supposed to stop the neighbourhood cars sh****g in the garden, it did not seem to deter the cars but worked a treat with the elephants.
Black Art Enthusiast
(19-10-2017, 11:08 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: I had an electronic device that was supposed to stop the neighbourhood cars sh****g in the garden, it did not seem to deter the cars but worked a treat with the elephants.

Ian,

I would ask the neighbours to keep their cars under control Smile

Cheers, Tony.
Or locate a Pie Eyed Piper Wink   Seriously is there any proof of the electronic effectiveness. What do bakeries and cheese factories use? I suspect they'd use the green wheat but for the health and safety police.  Any more takers for the peppermint road?  cheers  Russell
Ever tried a cat?
Living in the country we were are overrun by mice and their close relatives. It took me about 10 years to seal all entry points into the house but for some reason they are not interested in the garage even though there are plenty of gaps for them to get through. We have usually had a cat but following the death of our last moggy we didn’t replace her until a couple of years ago when we had a major infestation in and around the garden. The blighters took no notice of our presence and charged around scaring the wife to death.
We sought another ‘outside cat’ from the CPL. She was a feral and came with the recommendation of being a good hunter. The new moggy was installed in the garage and on her first foray, not counting the mice she ate, left me a pile of 12 mice that she had dragged through the cat flap. In addition to mice she hunts rats and rabbits but unusual for a cat doesn’t seem interested in birds.
The down side is that the RP is always covered in paw prints!
Cheers and good hunting, Roger
I had the same problem with mice a few years ago. I fixed the problem by instead of discarding our cat's litter box contents (except the turds) ,I spread it under the car at first to soak up oil drips , but found that the mice never came back-- I assume they did not like the smell of cat litter.
(19-10-2017, 11:08 PM)Ian Williams Wrote: I had an electronic device that was supposed to stop the neighbourhood cars sh****g in the garden, it did not seem to deter the cars but worked a treat with the elephants.

I thought it was lion dung that was good for elephants.
Chilli powder seems to work on our neighbours cat but needs regular top-ups. 

Doesn't improve the flavour of the cat I'm told (but if you put enough in you won't taste the cat anyway )