The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ulster Exhaust System
I last contacted Dave on daviddye@orangehome.co.uk and 01481 249911.

Alan
Dave's tel number correct as above;
email: sunny@side11.fsnet.co.uk
Thanks Chris / Jack!
Try david.dyea7@gmail.com
This week 07974 389221
I must thank Brother Leigh, he is quite correct, 28mm copper pipe was used for the exhaust. I can recall the manifold came from Dave Dye but I've been wracking my brains over the silencer but still cant recall where I sourced it...

Dodgy
Hi All

Does anyone know the exact layout of the Ulster exhaust? I've seen all sorts of examples, some exiting the engine bay quite low down and others fairly high up, then various angles sloping down and under the passenger entry point and then up ad over the rear wheel... Does anyone have the definitive route for the exhaust pipe as I'd like to fabricate one for my special.. Very interested in the manifold, silencers and fishtails discussed on here too... Is Dave Dye open to emails from the unknown??

cheers
Robbie
There are lots of pictures for you to study on Austin Harris' website:

http://austinharris.co.uk

This is the unblown car I used to own, taken when it was less than six months old, so probably about as good as it gets for your purpose:

.jpg   1931 Lands End Trial.jpg (Size: 256.18 KB / Downloads: 433)
(28-11-2017, 06:47 PM)Robbie.watson@uk.bp.com Wrote: Hi All

Does anyone know the exact layout of the Ulster exhaust? I've seen all sorts of examples, some exiting the engine bay quite low down and others fairly high up, then various angles sloping down and under the passenger entry point and then up ad over the rear wheel... Does anyone have the definitive route for the exhaust pipe as I'd like to fabricate one for my special.. Very interested in the manifold, silencers and fishtails discussed on here too... Is Dave Dye open to emails from the unknown??

cheers
Robbie

Robbie, Chris Gould very kindly sent me a 'trace' from a correct pipe - correct for a road-going production car, at least. I'm not sure of its precise provenance but in Chris I trust.
Belinni, I had no luck trying to buy one. I patched up my old one ('works racer' style) for now in order to get back on the road. When I have some time I intend to make a replacement system (production car style)  myself, using the pattern Chris Gould provided plus the directions in his indispensible book.
You could try Alderton Garage, They stock the usual Austin Spares and I have seen them making up
Tail Pipes.
Smiley.