The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1927 Chummy #6 Dynamo removal
Here is the locating bolt B - and a suitably small oiler. If I drill right down through the bolt with a small bit and then drill a larger diameter part way in order to press fit the oiler, will this do the job satisfactorily?

.jpg   IMG_20191024_145727562.jpg (Size: 77.06 KB / Downloads: 281)
Should be fine. Tricky bit will be finding the right diameter drill to get a good press fit on the oiler, I'd try it out on a non-important bolt first.

I'll try and find and attach a picture I have of an original "Bolt B" when I get home.
Nick  Heating the aluminium housing with a hot air gun once relevant fixings have been removed will help if the dynamo is stubborn
Thanks Dave - it came out without difficulty. Now I am trying to understand why someone would go to the expense and trouble of having the engine rebuilt and then put the dyno in with leads connected to the brush carriers - but two brushes non-existent! No wonder there is no charge...

Thanks Parazine, that would be very helpful.
Here you go. 

The hexagon is 1/4 Whitworth and the thread is 7/16 BSF. Total length 3/4", plain part 1/4", thread 1/4", hexagon 3/16", oiler sticks out 1/16".

Plain part is 1/4" dia., hole is 1/8" dia.

.jpg   DSC_0504sc.jpg (Size: 55.1 KB / Downloads: 200)

.jpg   DSC_0516sc.jpg (Size: 261.4 KB / Downloads: 201)

Wouldn't it be easier just to buy one off the shelf? See BG8/9 here: www.a7c.co.uk/spares.php#electrical
Sheer genius David  Big Grin 

Many thanks. I shall be in touch...