The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HT imperial threaded rod source?
Jon,
I just did my kingpins on semi Girling hubs. I applied pressure using old head studs, but quite sure they would not have given in without the serious wellie I applied from the other end. Wellying is another technical term, like leathering but with more swearing!

I had not done this job before and as usual asked Nick Turley for advice. He told me to seek a firm push fit in the axle eye and a sliding fit in the bushes so that the pin would slide in under pressure from my little finger, and go for a .001" gap at the top.
(23-10-2019, 01:33 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote: Stainless steel threads pick up easily (as in Seize) you def don't want SS for a puller

They certainly do - the common term is "galling" or "fretting". Once the threads have welded themsves together they will not come apart. There's lots advice online about preventing this./ Small stainless fastenders are OK for light duty on a vehicle (assembled with a lubricant), but anything subjected to loading is, for safety, best joined with steel nuts and bolts of the correct grade.