The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bonnet Corner Rubbers
What is the consensus on how the corner rubbers are fitted.

1.  Pined from the outside of the bonnet with the head of the pin/fixing showing or
2.  Pined from the inside of the bonnet with the head of the pin/fixing hidden.

Also the bonnet fastening catch sleeve which way up does it go.

Sorry probably obvious to some and I am probably over think it.
On my RP, the bonnet corners are Gorilla glued on.
David thanks, that was option 3 Big Grin
The 'untouched' Ruby I owned in the 1960s had the rubbers fixed with bifurcated rivets inserted from the outside, with the folded tabs on the inside.

.jpg   1969 Ashgate Road.800.jpg (Size: 167.65 KB / Downloads: 215)

This drawing from the body parts book appears to show visible rivet heads, although one make allowances for artistic licence.  The bonnet catch rubbers are shown as thick side downwards.
For what it's worth, my memory of presumably original arrangements in the mid 1960s accords with Michael's, i.e. bifurcated rivets fitted as he describes.

Regards,
Stuart
The bonnet corners on my RP are rounded with a hole for a fastening. Worth noting that there are two sizes of the rubbers and the smaller ones wouldn't fit my bonnet without distorting.
Mine are fitted with bifurcated rivets and splayed on the inside beneath the inner layer so as not to rub the contact surface

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.