The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Bearing Engine
I don't suppose you have another NOS crank?   Smile   (If anyone reading has one I'd be interested)

Reliant rods are pretty sturdy but if damaged I might be able to assist with sourcing.

Good call re the supercharger. I always ran mine with reliability in mind rather than performance and it has served me very well indeed.

Will p.m. you Henry.
On the Speedex site mention, I can let you know I've finished transcribing the old Speedex site into the A7CA's site who I'm grateful to for hosting it. We're hoping to open it up to everyone soon.

Dave
Good news Dave! There was some useful stuff there.
Excellent news- as mentioned a very useful site with lots of information .
The topic of centre bearing was covered at great length on this Forum not that long ago. Hard to imagine any stones remaining unturned, apart from major modification. Someone may be able to locate
Out of interest, does this racing experience offer any insights for the central oil feed on the standard 3 bearing engines?
Came across this and wondered whether the flexi route was tried successfully by anyone (Mike Davies CA7C mentioned 2012), or whether the pipe issues are overplayed generally?
http://www.austin7.org/Technical%20Artic...ing%20eng/
On Stuart Rolt's pressure-fed Reliant crank engines Jon the centre main oil feed was from above via an extension of the old camshaft oil gallery, dispensing with the copper tube in the sump (the old oil connection was used for a bearing retaining dowel instead).
Hi Jon,
I have had the oil feed pipe fail on a three bearing engine.
( I cut a spanner up and welded the jaw back at 90 deg to do the nuts )
I just chucked in a new set of shells and made a new pipe out of annealled copper tube.
I put a loop in the new pipe to allow for vibration and expansion.

I have used orange LPG pipe as an oil feed which has lasted for at least 10 years at 60 PSI pressure fed 2 bearing with Talbot oil pump conversion.
(02-11-2019, 11:21 PM)dickie65 Wrote: I have used orange LPG pipe as an oil feed which has lasted for at least 10 years at 60 PSI pressure fed 2 bearing with Talbot oil pump conversion.

what, inside the engine in the same way as the pipe discussed on the 7?! If so, how does one do the ends in such conditions?
Hi Jon,

I fitted hose barbs and used worm drive clips to clamp the hose. ( pressure fed two bearing engine )

The three bearing engine had new copper pipe fitted.

( I used to work in a Chandlery shop I got all the bits from there for both )