The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1937 Ruby spark plug colour ?
Than you thank you Ian.
That will also be very helpful.
Regards
Joe.
I have now sourced and fitted the correct flat bottomed float chamber to my carb and even though I have only managed a shortish run, I can immediately tell that there is a noticeable improvement in tick over and the car appears to have a little more get up and go.

While cleaning the float chamber I noticed that there were little brass top hat fittings below the slow running and main jets effectively below the fibre sealing washers. Unfortunately I have managed to lose one of these while giving it a blast with the air line ! !
Does anybody know if these what appear to be a type of orifice reducing mechanism are required given that the car appears to run ok without one of them ?

Thanks
Joe.
Hi Joe, do you mean below the MAIN JET and the COMPENSATING JET? If so, it appears that these are not shown on the exploded diagram of the data sheet but, referred to as the last 2 items on the SPARE PARTS SCHEDULE of the data sheet as "restriction tubes".
I have to say that in my admittedly limited experience with 26 VA carbs, I have never encountered these items. I would be tempted to remove them both and see how you go.
The only application that I have seen these restriction tubes specified for is fitted under the Comp. jet on 16U carbs on 1944 Petter 1.5hp and 2hp engines.
Could it be a blanking plug to cover the hole that gave access in manufacture.
Jim
Hi Ian.
I think that you may be correct about them being restricting devices as listed but not shown on the exploded diagram.
I will remove the remaining one and see how it goes.

It's interesting to note that although they are described as restricting tubes, the size of the "tube" is far  greater than the hole in the jet and therefore I am not sure how the actual restriction takes place ?

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
Regards
Joe.