The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MP 4582
Hello All
Had another previous owner contact me to give a few details of the cars history.
He owned the car from 56 to 76 and believes it was a fabric Wydor saloon.
He states:
 "The person I bought it from acquired it from the original owner from new in the early fifties, a disabled elderly lady who apparently had it  fitted with a (Humphry Sandberg?) free wheel, very soft coil springs(!) and Michelin balloon tyres, all of which which were still in place. He said it was almost undriveable in this state and removed the coil spring conversion and free wheel although the operating lever for this was still in place when I acquired it in 1956. It was in superb original condition having apparently covered very few miles with the original owner.  I used it as everyday transport for several years including an epic ten day (very fortunately!) trouble free expedition to John o Groats returning via the west coast and principal lake district passes. (Somewhat grainy photos attached )"

Might be of some interest.
Adrian
This is down as an old record on the Register... 62113.... but as an AD Tourer? Does this thread tie with it being discussed elsewhere...?
Not a Wydor, which was the name given to a coachbuilt saloon by Wylders of Kew Gardens, but a standard RF saloon, which could, or usually was, described as a wide-door saloon.
It looks as though it may have suffered the same fate as a 1930 Fabric saloon UR7179 which I owned in about 1965. At some stage in its subsequent history it was rebodied as a Tourer, and the register was updated at some stage to show this change.
Robert Leigh
Shame if another RF has been lost....