The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DS4 Distributor caps
Will,
I have two and a half sets of original DS4 points if they are of any use?
If not I can provide you with a baseplate to go into the bottom of the distributor body, then you can fit modern points.The mod is rather simple. If you don't have drills and taps you could send me the distributor and I could modify it for you.
Let me know via e-mail is best at tlphunt83@gmail.com

Thanks
Hi from Alan a new member, I don`t have a 7 at the moment but had many over the years and might get another.

I`m following with interest the search for an alternative to the original A7 distributor cap and am looking for an alternative for the MLCG4 magneto.
The Ford cap or one of the others may be suitable but I need to know the inside diameter of the A7 distributor to see if these caps could be made to fit.
Could someone please help.

Alan
Hello Ian, My mag engined '28 had been converted to coil/distributor ignition by a previous owner using spare parts of unknown origin.
The old distributor cap looks similar to the one in your photo. It is dark brown with SEV on the outside, no. 39811 on the inside. I believe it may be Peugeot 203/403. The distributor is SEV no. RM279 with external condenser.
Many years ago I found that Peugeot distributor cap, rotor and possibly points from 1950's era fitted my 1928 4 cylinder Chevrolet with Delco-Remy electrics.
I hope this helps.
Regards,  Russell.