The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Specials and DVLA
Good morning.

Thank you for the replies, which are useful reminders. I have read up on the process for updating the V5c and asked about it on here before, getting some useful information.

This time, I was more interested to hear how people who have actually gone through the process of updating the body style on their documents in recent years have got on in practice. I have read, and heard, some tales of woe, but wondered whether they are typical or just the few about which people talk.

Jamie.
One very simple thing I did - putting myself in the position of having to look at the fifty-third bit of paper that crossed my desk this day - was to put a note inside the V5 saying "change of engine number only".

Maybe saves the person looking, hesitating, and thinking, before pushing the requisite buttons.
One point I did not mention in my earlier comment is that it is probably best to tell DVLA only what they want to know. When I declared the change of body I did not mention the lowered suspension or certain other things which might be described as changes. Keep it to the obvious things only. They can always ask for more information if they want, but it is better not to confuse the issue by telling them of changes which they may not understand and do not fit in their standard definition of changes.
Robert Leigh
Good Morning All,
I have been out of the loop for a couple of years since the DVLA started to wander "off Piste" so I am a little out of touch.

I have what a stock Ruby chassis/engine/gearbox (or will have when it's put back together) with a matching Brown log book.

The original body went 40 or more years ago so to progress any further two options available:-
1) Fit a Ruby body that has been snatched from another car
2) Build a body (Coupe)

I would prefer option 2 but in the current climate is that going to mess up my V5c application?

Robert Rayner