The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Clutch Lubricator
Hi,
My clutch thrust bearing is very noisy. When I went to lubricate it, I found the oil pipe (BJ27) is missing. I'm assuming this just screws into the clutch withdrawal collar. I can't find anyone who sells this part, so has anyone got one kicking around that I could buy off them? Maybe on an old scrap box? Thanks
Pete

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1935 AAK Tourer
I think it is a Press fit.

You don’t need it however, oil through the hole and it will do the same job.
They are a screw fit 1/4bsf if it has broken off you need a small thread extractor to remove the broken section. I have made them from 1/4bsf bolt
drilled down the centre and countersink the bolt head. Terry.
Should oiling fail to rectify things I believe Jamie at Seven Workshop has new thrust bearings.
Thanks. I will get a friend with a lathe to knock one up for me.
1935 AAK Tourer
Peter, it's the sort of thing people don't want to part with if it means breaking up an assembly, unless they have a load of them knocking around. Have you tried someone like Tony Leslie? (Holmesdale Sevens) - cost more to make than it's worth.
Hi Peter

An alternative is a short length of 1/4 copper pipe.  You can, if careful, run a 1/4 BSF die along one end and flare the other with a small screwdriver.

Cheers

Howard
Peter if your clutch and gearbox are still assembled, rather than running the risk of adding something that might drop off later, all I use is a length of clear flexible pipe pushed on the end of the oil can - it's more than capable of getting enough oil into the bearing to quieten it (unless of course the access hole is bunged up with crud), and if it doesn't work then probably the bearing is toast anyway.
(13-10-2019, 01:34 PM)Howard Wright Wrote: Hi Peter

An alternative is a short length of 1/4 copper pipe.  You can, if careful, run a 1/4 BSF die along one end and flare the other with a small screwdriver.

Cheers

Howard

I'll see if I have a die and piece of pipe when next at my other garage. Failing that, I'll just get a bolt drilled. Thanks.
(13-10-2019, 12:05 PM)Chris KC Wrote: Peter, it's the sort of thing people don't want to part with if it means breaking up an assembly, unless they have a load of them knocking around. Have you tried someone like Tony Leslie? (Holmesdale Sevens) - cost more to make than it's worth.
I looked at his website, but couldn't get my head around it? But thanks anyway

Cheers
Pete
1935 AAK Tourer
Tony has a fairly good supply of used parts, as of course do others - best to call him I would suggest.