The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1927 Chummy #5 Windscreen frame fittings
Could someone please tell me the function of the two right-angled 'hooks' on the driver's side windscreen upright? There is a similar upper 'hook' on the passenger side. (I am presuming the lower one is for a mirror fixing?)

.jpg   screen.jpg (Size: 129 KB / Downloads: 284)
The upper peg is to stop the wind pulling the side curtain out sideways from the windscreen there should be a captive strip with a loop on the end which slides in the guide which I can see in your picture. If I can manage it I will attach a picture of the correct setup. As for the lower peg, it's a new one on me. I don't remember seeing one there previously.
Robert Leigh

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Perfect! Thanks Robert.

As you can see, the channel is present on the sidescreen for the slider. I can make something that will do the job but does anyone know if our cherished suppliers stock the sliders?
Willie McKenzie supplies these.
The slider bit is very easy to make yourself. Only takes a few minutes.

Steve
Willies are not expensive, and zinc coated, so have a bit of rust proofing
I often complain about inappropriate (greengrocers') appostrophes. Hedd, your post seems more inappropriate without one!

But whilst on the subject, pretty sure my ORT should have something similar. There are holes in the roof rail and side screen at the top and the knurled brass roof securing nut wears away on the side screen... Does anyone have a picture of what (if anything) is missing?