The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1927 Chummy #3 Speedometer over-reads
I suspect it will be marked PA on the face. The only reason I could identify it was the fact that it is marked as being common to the 1928-30 coupe, which used an identical speedo to other Sevens of the period except for the angle drive.
fitted to my late 1925 chummy was a prop shaft with the split pulley missing but all else to operate the speedometer was still present.In the middle of the prop is what looks like an old repair, it looks as if its been cut and a four ins" tube has been put over it and welded in position.when I was looking at prop shafts at the national rally this year I saw two others exactly the same does anyone know if this is an original Austin type or some oddity.At Beaulieu autojumble this September I found a shaft with the split pulley still attached the shaft was as normal i.e the same width with no bulge.when I compared this new shaft with the other it a full one ins" longer than the one with the bulge, it still fitted onto the car with no problem and I now have fully operating speedometer driven by the spring type drive belt from seven workshop best regards to all Rob.