The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - October 2019
[Image: 158_30_09_19_3_25_34.jpeg]

Side Valve No 1, XE 1015 - Murray Jamieson's first single seater - known as the White Racer, was revealed at Brooklands on 21st May 1934. On its first outing it was placed third in the Merrow Mountain Handicap driven by Pat Driscoll.

Photo submitted by Robin Boyce.
Is that an RP type adv/ret and hand throttle quadrant with bakelite cover and horn button? Why would it need that? It's a lovely picture though and shows the workmanlike finish to the body and panels, saving all the attention for the performance.
Nice pic indeed. I'm curious to know is this photo actually from its first outing? Suggesting that the 'reinforcement' over the wheel arch and at tip of tail was there from the outset.
What is the "aerial" on the back for? (Can't be for Radio 4 surely?)
The 'aerial' is reportedly a reversing aid!
Austin, I think it is a stick for reversing so you don't crunch the tail.
(01-10-2019, 09:20 AM)Chris KC Wrote: Nice pic indeed. I'm curious to know is this photo actually from its first outing? Suggesting that the 'reinforcement' over the wheel arch and at tip of tail was there from the outset.

This was certainly the car's first public appearance; that's not to say the reinforcing panels were not added after first construction ...
That is how a single seater should look!

c
More inspiration for you, Charles!

[Image: 195_31_01_19_3_40_44.jpeg]

Another Robin Boyce submission, taken on the same date, with l to r Murray Jamieson, Pat Driscoll, Ral Appleby and Bill Sewell. Note the reversing stick seems to have disappeared!