The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rosengart in Brittany
Thanks to all of you.
Yes I'll favour the aluminium head too obviously with the right spark plug position. I don't much care about the hardened or not seats though!
Hi Renaud, welcome back!
Re, those "tram lines" in the bore, I had the same in an A7 block, took it out to just over +0.083" and fitted Renault 4 pistons - cleared the scoring and (touch wood) after 12000 miles, no signs of bore break through. Zero oil consumption also.  Smile
Hi Ian,
Welcome back too! Ha ha!
I'm thinking of simply ignoring those "tram lines" if they are not too deep... Renault pistons are quite rare here too!
(29-09-2019, 05:34 PM)Renaud Wrote: Could you tell what you find srange here:

[Image: bloc_d11.jpg]
Hi Renaud,
Some blocks from other engine makers had the same, my belief is when the block is machined you don't touch the seats.
Colin
 NZ
Thanks Colin.
About the "Leboncoin" place, (https://www.leboncoin.fr/) you can find those two nice little cars now:
Rosengart cabriolet
Rosengart
When looking for cars better to search in "Véhicules > voitures"
or for parts: "Véhicules > équipement auto"
Good luck!

On the LR2 engine I measured the cranshaft bearings at 30 mm. And the big ends at 36 mm.
Any comment?
Thanks to Derek's documentation I'm answering my previous question about big end diameter:
I just found that:

[Image: img_2014.jpg]

Seems that the 36 mm "portée" pertains to LR44 to LR4N2 engines.

(29-09-2019, 09:11 AM)Chris KC Wrote: I'd be interested to know what the holes on the top of the crankcase next to the starter housing are for.

Shame about the front crankcase mounts - but wonders can be done with aluminium welding these days. I'd look for a scrap A7 case which doesn't need its mounts any more. (I might even have one).

You probably saw that I answered your first question.
Would the scrap A7 case be an offer Chris? [Image: biggrin.png]
I did, thanks.

It would, but - desolé - I'm not sure it will do for you as I think it may be later type with rubber mounts. I can try to check tomorrow.
Rubber mounts are better anyway. I can also machine those on my mill and have somebody solder them. I TIG weld but not ali!
To be thorough I'll add those too:

[Image: dsc_2730.jpg][Image: dsc_2726.jpg][Image: dsc_2731.jpg][Image: 3biell10.jpg]:
[Image: dsc_2738.jpg]