The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rosengart in Brittany
Renaud send me email address , mine is on the back of the grey magazine
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Thanks Derek. renaud.richard@wanadoo.fr
Nigel, I'm far from St Brieuc here above Brest but if you know where the factory was maybe Google street?

Here it is, in English too:

http://www.baiedesaintbrieuc.com/decouvr...-rosengart

More photos. Due to all the interest I could not do less than hurry to the workshop:

[Image: dsc_2910.jpg]
[Image: dsc_2911.jpg]The ali one with a well done repair I think.

[Image: dsc_2914.jpg]
[Image: dsc_2912.jpg][Image: dsc_2913.jpg]

I got all from a man who bought them with another car and had no interest in LR2 so I know nothing of the previous history.
https://www.google.com/maps/place//data=...1?hl=en_GB

16  quai armez 
Saint-Brieuc
France
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
(29-09-2019, 09:24 AM)John Mason Wrote: Hi all, I am somewhat ignorant when it comes to Rosengart engines. I looked at the first photographs of the crankcase and could see differences to my Austin Ruby crankcase. Can anybody tell me what fits to the side of the starter motor fixing. There is a hole in the crankcase with what look like two smaller fixing holes to each side.

John Mason

Hello John,
Derek sent me the diagrams he had and I suppose this answers your question:
[Image: breath10.jpg]

Looks like a breather.

Oh, by the way I got that too:

[Image: dsc_2728.jpg]

Seems that a piston axle took some liberties... I will measure the depth of those but I don't think there's much I could do anyway.
Could you tell what you find srange here:

[Image: bloc_d11.jpg]
You need a screw driver type tool with a slot on so that it dot keep slipping off. Austin valves also fit
(28-09-2019, 07:59 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote: Robert, I think the seats have been narrowed fro the top, can't think of any other reason

(29-09-2019, 05:50 PM)Derek Sheldon Wrote: You need a screw driver type tool with a slot on so that it dot keep slipping off. Austin valves also fit

I was referring to the question by Robert and answer by Zetomagneto Derek. I wonder if indeed the seats have been machined? Ihose recessed seem from foundry to me? I will have a better look on them.
Unless I'm mistaken the centre cam bush has grown to a diameter which can slip over the cam lobes and is thus a continuous ring, located with a grub screw from above - now that I like. Though I can't quite fathom why a similar grub screw locates the rear cam bush, unless it is in two parts?
Thank you for all the additional, quite fascinating photographs. Does anyone know in which year Rosengart introduced a forward facing starter?
Thanks for the photographs of the tops of the heads.
 I rather like the the aluminium ones combustion chamber shape and disposition of the spark plug holes. 
  If you remove the valves you will be able to to see if hardened seats have been fitted.