The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rosengart in Brittany
Hi everybody,
I was quite commonly here (well, the previous forum rather) some years ago. I'm back again with pleasure.
I just bought a Rosengart LR2 engine and gearbox.

[Image: dsc_2736.jpg]
[Image: dsc_2734.jpg]
[img]<a href=[/img][Image: dsc_2733.jpg]
[Image: dsc_2732.jpg]

[Image: dsc_2725.jpg]

And more!
Renaud in Brittany
Welcome back Renaud.
Looking good- enjoy !
Good to see you back Renaud . Are you going to build a car around it ?
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Piggy backing on this thread, the Light Car and Cyclecar of September 1933 reports on a M. Lecot who DAILY drives from Lyon to Paris in his Rosengart - a distance of 745 miles. He apparently is aiming to beat his own record from last year when he covered 62,136 miles in 105 days. His regular passage along the route is now an accepted feature with people remarking " There goes M. Lecot - at it again! "  A new adventure Reckless?
Wonderfully clear pictures against a plain backround. If you have more, taken from different angles and of the inside of the crankcase, gearbox and various bits and pieces such as the electrical parts, I'm sure well all be most interested to see them.
(28-09-2019, 10:28 AM)Chris Garner Wrote: Piggy backing on this thread, the Light Car and Cyclecar of September 1933 reports on a M. Lecot who DAILY drives from Lyon to Paris in his Rosengart - a distance of 745 miles. He apparently is aiming to beat his own record from last year when he covered 62,136 miles in 105 days. His regular passage along the route is now an accepted feature with people remarking " There goes M. Lecot - at it again! "  A new adventure Reckless?

This is the same chap who later drove the new Citroen Traction Avant on several long distance marathon trips including the 400,000 marathon in 1935/6. Every other morning at 3.30 am he left home in Rochetaillee sir Saone and drove to Paris arriving at around noon, then he had a half hour rest and drove back home, then the next day up again at 3.30 am and drove to Monte Carlo before returning home the same day. This went on for a year with breaks to take part (in the same car) in the 1936 Monte Carlo Rally (he started from Portugal!) finishing 50th in the 75 finishers (there were 102 entries). As a further diversion in June he visited the principal capitals of Europe, including Berlin, Madrid, Amsterdam, Rome and Vienna starting of course from Paris....... I bet he was a bit tired after all this !
I think I've had enough adventures for the time being...
Hello Derek,
Yes I do but maybe you know it's nearly impossible here.
I'm delighted with the little Rosengart engine!
I still have a Ruby rolling chassis.

Hi Tony,
Here are some more then:

[Image: dsc_2735.jpg]

[Image: dsc_2720.jpg][Image: bozyte10.jpg][Image: dsc_2722.jpg][Image: dsc_2724.jpg]
[Image: dsc_2714.jpg][Image: dsc_2727.jpg]
Very interesting photos Renaud.
I wonder what the spot face on the top of the block around the valves is for.
Can we see at top side photo of the two heads please.