The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJ4 dizzy to electronic DK4
Hi Folks,
I have just fitted one of the new electronic DK4 distributors to my RP which has the manual advance DJ4 type.
Well, all seems fine (so far) but I had to make a couple of 'alterations' to get all to fit properly which may be of help to fellow Seveners contemplating doing the same thing. On my car the DJ dizzy has the condenser towards the block resulting in the bolt of the dizzy advance/retard metal clamp being under one of the cap clips.  I found this bolt too tall to go under the DK4 body so used a 4mm long piece of copper pipe slid down a 1" long, 1/4" bsw bolt to enable the body to slide as before. The advantage of this is to lower the bolt height enabling the new dizzy to fit anywhere rather than rotate the body 90 degrees and alter all the leads (the DK4 body being deeper than the DJ).  The only other alterations are slightly easing the pinch action of the adv/ret metal clamp, removing the green rubber thingy and doubling the two lead lengths to make the wiring look neater.
Worth it? Well the engine seems to run sweeter and I have the advantage of fine truning the timing from the comfort of the driving seat!
Happy days,
Peter.
Sunny Cornwall.
OI can’t comment on the fitting to your car, I don’t know. I have a 38 Opal and have recently fitted the Dk4 electronic dizzy  . Today I drove 150 miles to Dover, it has made immense difference to the driving of the car. Pulling up hill etc.
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.