The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1937 War Office APD tourers.
There's one on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-Seven-...SwlJhdemCs
The only other information I have is that publication 1395 is war department spare parts list dated June 36 and 1391 also WD spare parts list dated May 36.
My copy of  publication 1400D has the additional ink overstamping  21 / 91 on the inside list of cars supplied to War Dept
cheers Russell
I have a Civilian 1400D  with 71 pages (72 counting the rear blank page) plus cover.

The Source book shows book 1395 as June 1936 Parts List War Department (Chassis No 237001 to 234074)

Interesting- the War Office 1400D has **** 42 which would suggest 1942, another has 44 - Russel's stamping  of 91 seems to disagree with this.

The A7CA list of Handbooks shows 1400C Supp and 1400D Supp ? The 1400D Supp appears to be the same as my copy of 1400D.
Where you see 'Supp' on the Archive, you can click on the word Supp and see an image of extra ephemera that came with the Handbook. I do still find it odd that there was a 'Civilian' and 'Military' version (I like that terminology) of 1400D and that Austin didn't give the Military version a different ID.

I would be keen to add to the Archive any 'Military' versions (Handbooks and Parts lists) - the 1400D Military Hand Book is one, 1391 (Is that a Handbook or Parts List?) is another. Any others that people know about? Offers of loan items or donations to the Archive of any items would be welcome. I've already been contacted by someone who plans to come to the open day who may be able to help.

At the very least, if you have a Military version of a publication not mentioned here, some details would be helpful information to gather..

thanks...
Hugh mine is the same as Hedd's with the same stamping on the cover.
3082 which is the contract number  / 42 which could indeed be the year given that the war still had a couple of years to run
/ 2 no idea
Also on the cover and inside on first page the stamping 21 / 91