The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1937 War Office APD tourers.
Looking at the paperwork that came with my ARR Ruby, I discovered the handbook listed by Car number. Chassis Number and Engine number all the cars in the batch supplied in 1937 to the War Office. 

Not sure if anyone has seen this before, but its certainly the first time Ive seen numbers quoted. 

My ARR chassis number is somewhere between the first and second batch of APD's

Enjoy

[Image: 008_1809.jpg]

[Image: 008_1810.jpg]

[Image: 008_1811.jpg]

[Image: 008_1812.jpg]
well, I was surprised that no-one has commented on this. Surely one of the only 'late' bits of factory evidence for corroborating cars... other than the A8, A9, B1 and B3 ledgers?
Interesting, Hedd. I've been doing some work on scanning stuff from the Archive this week and have turned up some similar looking stuff, though it is photocopies of bits of Parts Lists only. I have a couple of them from various dates but they have similar lists of car numbers and engines. Can you give me a little more infor on yours? A photo of the front cover would suffice..

I was hoping that I could find someone who was clued up on the Military side of things who might carry out a bit more research. I would have gone to David Morgan, of course :o(

thanks...
Heres the front cover.

[Image: 008_1814.jpg]

To all purposes a Ruby/painted cowl 2 seater handbook
Curiouser and curiouser.. Here's 1400D held in the Archive...

http://archive.a7ca.org/wp-content/uploa..._1400D.pdf

No signs of your Military pages...Apart from that, are there any other differences?
Hugh have a look at publications 1163, 1391 and 1395 as well as 1400D for war department connections.
Pretty sure 1400D also  exists without the extra pages and ink overstampings, for issue to the general buying public.
 regards  Russell
Thanks for pointing those out, Russell. I can see 1163 and 1395 on the Archive web site but not 1391 and, as I say, the Archive version of 1400D is not the same as Hedd’s as it doesn’t contain the WO details. Odd Austin would give the same Id to two different handbooks.

Here are the two I have here, though they are only photocopies and part copies of the Parts Lists at that..

Publication 1649 and another I cannot discern with the date over stamping. It looks like 1231 perhaps?

Does anyone have the originals?
From what I can tell, and I have another 1400D in my collection is that this handbook, has a single additional piece of paper stapled between the cover and the rest of the handbook. Giving 2 additional sides at the front, and 2 at the rear. All on the same paper, and it doesn't look like its been messed with.

I notice from the chassis register that there is at least one survivor.

The MT in the registration seems to be common to the earlier cars.
Thanks Hedd...

Looks like a chap named Ashley Hollebone is the Military register man for the A7CA. Does anyone know him? Perhaps they could point this thread out to him. If nothing else, he may find it of interest...
I have a copy of 1400D, the front cover appears identical, it has 71 pages yet none of the WD information contained in Hedd's copy.
Black Art Enthusiast