The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaydon Heritage Swallow / Jaguar
I went to the Museum at Gaydon,

While I was looking around the Swallow / JaguarĀ  heritage collection, I found something that made me fall about Laughing.
On the wall was anĀ  Austin Swallow Wheel !!!
Ok thats what it said on the label !!!!

Now thats not quite the case what they had on the wall was a late Ruby 17" wheel with the most modern centre.

Strange thing is that in the same room there is a Swallow with the correct 19" closed centre wheels.
I made the mistake of looking inside this poor car the uphostery was dreadfull the front seats were so overstuffed that they were touching each other and it was all done in a tacky vinyl.

On a happier note it was a delight to see the Jameson Sidevalve next to a Twincam which was next to the Lightweight special.
John Colemans Chummy was a delight to behold in its state of scruffyness.

Another delight was a minature Austin Seven Engine in a part completed state.

If anyone has not been the Museum is well worth a visit.
And as the member of staff in the heritage centre told me they need feedback from all the owners to correct any errors in the displays information.
I've never been critical of originality on bikes and cars, but do think museums should get it right. After all, we should be able to use their examples as a model. Or am I expecting too much??
1935 AAK Tourer
(16-09-2019, 10:31 PM)PeteWilts Wrote: I've never been critical of originality on bikes and cars, but do think museums should get it right. After all, we should be able to use their examples as a model. Or am I expecting too much??

Some of the cars on show are privately owned and lent to the museum for display. I imagine that in such cases, they would have no control over the exact degree of originality these cars have.

Regards,

Jamie.