The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Big End Oil Groove
When we built the engine for the supercharged car, I opened up the holes feeding the big ends on the new 1&5/16ths Phoenix crank rather a lot and radiused the troughs leading into the holes. We did the Mike Forrest double oil jet conversion on the car and I wanted to make sure that as much oil as possible made it to the bearings

We run it on 20W50 and I've got 4 to 6lbs when hot using a bored out oil pump. It's as much to do with cooling the innards as it is lubricating them. We did the paraffin pump trick to ensure that all 4 jets were arc'd to ensure maximum spraying time and hence volume into the crank troughs

In comparison the troughs and holes in the 1.1/2 Type "65" sports crank are shallow and very small which tends to agree with others logic that this is a potential cause of bearing failure on the sports engines

Aye
Greig
Yes, spit and hope is a common term however, that suggests and intermittent feed and the system has a proven record Hedd