The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
1934 Austin 7 Box engine removal
Even though the engine in my RP has a low frame crankcase it is still removeable without difficulty, although some "modifications" to the bulkhead have been made to facilitate it. The mods not only allow the flywheel to clear without having to disturb the throttle cross-shaft, but also avoids having to remove the clutch pedal from the gearbox, only the foot pad from the lever. I use a modified spark plug with a lifting hook in n°3 plug hole and an electric hoist. It still requires a bit of manual tugging and tilting using the nose piece but as Hedd says if everything holding it in place is off then it comes out reasonably easy. I never remove the gearbox top, just the lever. My rear engine mountings have also been modified so they can be all pushed out downwards after removing the nuts. The heads have a 'D' shaped washer welded on to stop them turning. The fronts have the nuts welded on so they can be removed/replaced from above. It saves a lot of time when reassembling.

Protect the front wings & headlamps with some old blankets.

[Image: IMG-20190610-WA0003.jpg]

No need to remove starter, manifolds, dynamo, fuel pump etc: (but don't forget the oil pipe to the gauge or the speedo cable)

[Image: IMG-20190610-WA0001.jpg]
Many thanks , that's very helpful . Engine now out and your modifications will be adopted !. Thanks to all for the advice