The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archive Open Day - Sunday September 29th
congratulations on the organisation and promotional drip feed guys, brilliant, you deserve a big response
Thanks, Russell, your post is timely. I've been planning more displays recently and the collection of 'Show' Brochures is always a favourite. I've decided that for this event, the Brochures that will be out for perusal will be the collection that you so kindly donated to the Archive last year. It will be the first opportunity for people to see them 'in the flesh' as it were, though they are now available on the Archive web site...
SO wanted to be there this time but a slightly unexpected acceptance into The Automobile Oily Rag run (with the MG VA) means missing it. Good wishes for a super day which I am sure will reward and fascinate anyone attending. Next time...
For those of you who are coming Sunday and are looking for some lunch somewhere, there is the Coach & Horses PH just a couple of minutes walk from the Archive. Mains at £12.95, 2 courses £16.95, 3 courses £19.95, noon onwards. The usual Beef/Pork/Lamb Fish/Chicken/Vegetarian selection. They also do sandwiches which last time came with a side salad/chips. Telephone 01858 463 183. I would strongly suggest booking if you are planning to eat there. They are very well reviewed on Tripadvisor

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant...gland.html

You are welcome to bring your own sandwich lunch etc, and the usual tea and biscuits will be available on site but please be aware that food and drink of any kind are not allowed in the Archive rooms..

I am still finalising the programme of events for Sunday but will make sure there is a lunchtime window where there are no talks or demonstrations between noon and 2pm...
A job that we undertook whilst readying the room for the Open Day was to pull out all the duplicate materials and review other materials that were deemed 'non-Austin 7' and therefore not required. We have catalogued everything and priced everything up as shown in the attached pdf. These will be available for sale on the day under the stewardship of Chris Garner. Where items are recorded as incomplete, this will vary from item to item, so each item needs to be looked at closely to determine exactly what it comprises. This material does need to go, so although the prices are what we consider to be 'keen', don't be shy to make an offer. However, do remember that everything raised will be ploughed back into the Archive Project so it's all for a good cause...

Let's see if we can clear it all Sunday!!

.pdf   Ephemera sales prices pdf.pdf (Size: 421.28 KB / Downloads: 41)
Today's task was to start on the set up for the displays.. Here are a a few photos to give an idea of what the main room looks like now...

Just wishing I could be there Sad  

Oh well at least the sun is shining here  Rolleyes
Final posting before the doors are thrown open tomorrow. This is the timetable for the talks that have been lined up to entertain you:

10:30 - Welcome, Hugh Barnes

10:35 - Austin Marketing Department Press Cuttings, Chris Garner

11:00 - Gladys de Havilland photo album discoveries, Stuart Ulph

11:35 - Austin Publicity Poster collection, Hugh Barnes

12:00 - 14:00. Time left open for visitors to have lunch.

14:00 - Digitisation demonstration, Hugh Barnes and Chris Charles

And don't forget, Geoff Roe will be in attendance all day with the display of Bert Hadley memorabilia and his biography available for purchase.

Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible on the day...

Thanks for all that made the effort to turn out yesterday - particularly as there was some horrendous weather about. We hope you all enjoyed it. Thanks to the Speakers and the helpers on the day and to you, the visitors. It was a very good day. Look out for the date for the next one!