The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cine films
Within the Archive Project, we have embarked on a mini project to curate and digitise the Archive's collection of cine films. This is a request that if you have any that you would be willing to share with the Archive, we would be really interested in hearing from you. One particular strand of this work involves film records of the 1972 Longbridge rally. We would be *very* interested if any of you have some of that tucked under the bed...

thanks in advance...
I have tucked away somewhere 30 minutes or so of 8mm cine taken at Longbridge in 1972. 
Attending the rally did not go down well with my wife as she was left at home expecting my son any time. She still has not forgiven me.
I will search my archives for it. 

Gordon
(12-10-2017, 07:18 PM)Gordon Puzey Wrote: I have tucked away somewhere 30 minutes or so of 8mm cine taken at Longbridge in 1972. 
Attending the rally did not go down well with my wife as she was left at home expecting my son any time. She still has not forgiven me.
I will search my archives for it. 

Gordon

I presume you've popped in to see his progress since returning, Gordon - or are you still in the garage clearing up?
Thanks Gordon, much appreciated... No rush..

Hugh
(13-10-2017, 08:46 AM)Archive Project Wrote: Thanks Gordon, much appreciated... No rush..

Hugh

Hi Hugh 

I have found a large spool of standard 8mm film entitled 1972 Events. This should have Longbridge on as i do not have another marked Longbridge.
It will start with the Bristol Club Brecon Run in deep snow during March. Other events will no doubt be various Thames Valley Centre A7OC as I was running the centre at the time.
Unfortunately I no longer have a projector to check the contents.

Gordon
Gordon,

I have a projector and facilities for digitising - let me know if you would like me to convert it for you.
(17-10-2017, 08:55 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Gordon,

I have a projector and facilities for digitising - let me know if you would like me to convert it for you.

Thanks Ruairidh - Gordon, can you co-ordinate with R please. It's very kind of you to look this stuff out. We should be able to provide you with a digital version of your film as a result...

Hugh
(17-10-2017, 08:55 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: Gordon,

Hi Ruairidh  

Hugh has asked me to send the film to you for copying and using for archive work. 
There are some good shots of your father on the film and one in particular of him being rather silly at Longbridge. 
I don't seem to have your address to hand. If you send me your address I will courier it with Hermes if that is OK. 
My email is gordonpuzey@gmail.com. 

Gordon
Finds great Gordon - I will send you my details and get straight on tonit for you.