The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exhaust position
There is a hole in the rearmost chassis crossmember, roughly where the exhaust pipe runs. Is the exhaust pipe meant to go through this? I have seen some with the exhaust pipe running below the crossmember. Which is correct please? Thanks in advance.
Andrew,
Assuming from your username that your car is an ARQ Ruby, the exhaust should run under the crossmember. Alas, it is too dark in the garage for me to post a photo of the system on my own car (yes, I know its an RP saloon, but the exhaust is identical to the Ruby), but I shall post one tomorrow, if that will help.
Thanks for the prompt reply David. So what is the hole for, just to confuse me? 

Yes it's a 1934 mk 1 Ruby ARQ.
I have a 1936 ARR Ruby.
Exhaust goes through the chassis
My problem is getting enough clearance above the back axel.
Probably going to go under axel, even though this is not standard it looks easier to form the bend
Andrew,

My mistake. My car is on a high chassis. Yours is on the low chassis. The exhaust system is the same for all long wheelbase cars from 1933 to 1939, so Tiger is right!
Andrew, mine is a 36 ARQ. Through the crossmember, over the axle. 
[Image: Under_Rear.JPG]
Mike
Indeed, my 34 Ruby exhaust undertakes a similarly long and tortuous route through a cross member and then out over the rear axle. I would have snapped it but the lighting department haven't signed on yet. A comparative image would indicate that the pictured example above is probably the most oil free underside I've ever seen. Mine is black and shiny, but not from gloss chassis paint.
Left hand drive too!
Does not look like the brake arm
seen much servicing for sometime ?i
My problem I ask questions that other people don't like?
Like have you got that for an investment or for fun?