The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Type 65 seat rail
I've been working on an early Type 65 lately and was having trouble fitting the original spec fabric coupling / solid prop shaft because the body appeared to be sitting too high in relation to the chassis rails. One of the problems (unfortunately not the only one) appears to be the seat rail bolt circled in the attached photo which is located directly above the chassis rail and the nut lifts the body up. The hole for another floor bolt fitted further back (hole circled) has been drilled through the chassis rail and doesn't cause a problem. I'm fairly sure both bolts are original but it would be nice to have confirmation from some other owners. Possibly with new chassis rail felt fitted there wont be a problem.

Sorry if this is only half an answer but my '36 Nippy has a hole in the centre of the seat rail as yours has, but has no bolt in it.
likewise, no answer but the second one looks like it USED to have an oblong washer... and was above the floorpan once?

this might be handy for other body/wing positioning factors. could do with more feedback to add to archive generally.
https://aus7in.wordpress.com/2018/11/17/...n-and-fit/
OK I just popped out for a look-see.

My Nippy has all three fixing holes in the seat rail (including the woodscrew at far right), the bolt you have circled is missing in my case but the hole passes right through the chassis rail. Logical to me that the seat should be fixed to something solid, given the forces it endures under braking.

The further-back hole does not exist on my car.

Has someone replaced the frame at some point, after a prang perhaps?
Thanks all for the comments and I'll post some more photos, possibly tomorrow, showing both sides of the floor pan. The car number / chassis number / body number all check out chronologically with the chassis register so I'm sure it's all the right combination of parts.

So far it seems that the holes in the seat rail are common but not the fitting of the bolts or drilling of the corresponding hole in the chassis.

The second hole further back seems to be an odd one. My body is number "59" so possibly that hole / bolt got dropped in later cars to be replaced by the hole in the centre of the seat rail being drilled through the chassis.
This, from my early 65. 
Under the centre bolt is a wooden block to hold up the seat rail.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks Nick, couple of more phots, passanger side a mirror image of drivers side with two bolts in the seat rail. Behind the seats a single bolt through into the first hole of the chassis extension and then above the back axle two further bolts through to a U bracket which is bolted onto the rear hole of the chassis extension.
The other two bolts above the axle are for some rubber bump stops but I'm not sure if they are a later addition. The other single bolt is for a wiring clip.

.jpg   Nearside floor.JPG (Size: 232.54 KB / Downloads: 72)