The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuck in Normandy! Anyone have a spare dist' gear?
Hi Chaps,

Father is stuck in Aumale, Normandy, in our A7 Coupe - with a stripped distributor gear.

By chance might anyone be in this area, reading this, and want to earn a beer or three?!

The loan of a gear and pin would be wonderful, and save lots of fuss getting recovered and being transported home on a truck..

-

Call, text, WhatsApp, email if you can assist:

Ben Thompson
ben.thompson@garsons.co.uk
07961 421557

I have shared this on Facebook groups as well Ben.
Call me on the mobile... ( 00 32 495 26 26 65)  I am in the Mayenne ( at Maislay du Maine 53170) I could help with distributor spare parts . I have a Nippy and a Special here and several available spares!
But quick... I will be rallying tomorrow morning after 10 a.m.  Back there the Sunday evening around 6 p.m. 
Luc Wynen
Rue de Laval 
53170 MEslay du Maine
Again...

I do hope you've been able to arrange something Ben.
Homeward bound, to then search for and carry a spare distributor!  
Thanks to all those who offered help.
Cheers, Ben

.jpg   THOMPSON B.jpg (Size: 136.59 KB / Downloads: 215)
I know that in the past RH Recovery has taken some stick from the A7 fraternity. This is the 4th time that I have had to use them in about 20 years ( they don't break down if you don't use them!) with different cars. RH have always been good, but this time were very good. I had a mechanic come to check within the hour and he came back exactly when he said he would to collect the car. I had follow up calls from RH in England to ensure all had gone to plan, all very good service and at a bargain price.
This was the first trip for our Coupe on it's rebuilt engine and was all great until the drive cog stripped. These cars are much admired in France and everybody smiles at them. The Customs Officer asked me to open the boot for searching - I told him if he could find it, I'd open it! So in return when I opened the bonnet, he asked where the other half of the engine is? I don't get banter in the modern.
Thanks from me too for the offers of help, we couldn't sort it in the time available, hence the recovery.