The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My next adventure
I may have missed it in an earlier post Reckless but are you making the trip alone? In which case, hats off to you and Bon voyage. Your preparations sound comprehensive but we are lucky in the A7 world in having a spares and support network that is second to none. Keep us posted
Yes David it's a solo trip. I had originally proposed this journey a couple of years ago and then a couple of mates from the UK decided they wanted to "help" and it all got far too complicated in terms of logistics, a back-up car with trailer etc, so I called it off. I just want to jump in the car and set off. I know it's a challenge (that's the point) but I'm sure that both the car and I will be fine.

Whilst there's an object to the journey I'm a bit like Robert Louis Stevenson (who passed this way with a donkey in 1879) " I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move".
"Give to me the life I love
"Let the lave go by me.
Give the jolly heaven above
And the byway nigh me.
Bed in the bush with stars to see,
Bread I dip in the river.
There's the life for a man like me!
On the road for ever."

(R.L. Stevenson)

Have a good trip Bruce!
My God, we've gone all lyrical!

There is something uplifting about undertaking a long journey in an Austin 7 alone.
There are less uplifting poems, Austin 7 related viz:
“You’ve heard of the seven horse Austin,
To ride in is really exhaustin,
There’s room for your **se,
and a bottle of Bass,
But your b....” oh no I cannot continue (too rude!)
Please can we get to the bottom of what Bass (with a short ‘a’) is rhyming with?
Suspect the answer is in the plural, and they swing. Also suspect final word may be 'bustin' ?
Reckers, might be late in the day but have just spooted this on Ebay that may be of use...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-7-seve...Sw~DldTI-w
Cor lummy, I bought two complete crash boxes for £15! ¿Are they rare and collectable now?
Depends on where and who you buy them from, I guess!!!