The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Gordon England Mr JoJo
The above publication was reproduced by the VAR a couple of years ago Bill - it cost me about £6 I think.
Thanks Ruairidh, It’s now listed as a reprint on the VAR site
For £12, but £499.00 on EBay For £499 presumably that’s a 1st edition.

Regards

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
Let's not get confused between Mr and Mrs Jo-Jo. The history of Mrs Jo-Jo appears to be much more complete than Mr Jo-Jo. She is alive and well and in the very best hands.
According to Canning Brown, Mr Jo-Jo was racing on the sand at Southport on 13th August 1932 driven by Vic Derrington. The car flipped over in the ruts and Derrington was pinned underneath. The car went home in bits. It is reasonable to suppose that the mechanical parts may have been reused but the skimpy body will have been totally destroyed.
Spot-on Malcolm.

Nothing like a bit of libel over our cornflakes, sigh.

.jpeg   1FE13267-D0D0-408E-B318-72B0D05F35B5.jpeg (Size: 618.69 KB / Downloads: 403)
Thanks Malcolm
Hi Luc, have you spotted this advert in the 1928 July issue of motor Sport? I believe the "BC" refers to Francis Boyd-Carpenter an ex employee of Gordon England Ltd.
Boyd -Carpenter started his own business in 1927, Boyd Carpenter Ltd, with C.K. Chase being one of the directors. Soon afterwards H.N Thompson also joined the board and the company became Boyd Carpenter & Thompson Ltd.

The son and daughter of Spero both lives in London, I met them few years ago when they were looking at buying Mr JoJo when it came for sale at Coys auctioneer at their auction in Westminster.
Nice document Scarlett (??!!) mostly in that: the relation between the Layshaft crank and the story of Chase at Montlhery, but the text is nearly impossible to be readed (  :huh:) 
Thank's anyway for that! 
Would you maybe be able to forward me a "better" quality picture of it by email by ex. 
luc.wynen@gmail.com
I sélect you into my Friends list here 
Austinly yours...
Luc

Nice document Scarlett (??!!) mostly in that: the relation between the Layshaft crank and the story of Chase at Montlhery, but the text is nearly impossible to be readed (  :huh:) 
Thank's anyway for that! 
Would you maybe be able to forward me a "better" quality picture of it by email by ex. 
luc.wynen@gmail.com
I sélect you into my Friends list here 
Austinly yours...
Luc

Hi Edgar 
Are you certain to speak about Mr JoJo and not about Mrs JoJo. (????) 
I am aware that Mr JoJo has been destroyed after accident during a sand race at Southport in 1932. 
To be followed...(?!!!) 
Austinly yours, 
Luc
Luc
Mrs JoJo which is still around.
Which is why the son and daughter of Spero, living in London, would have wanted to buy it- I assume they didn't ?

As discussed it seems the original (changeable) Mr Jo Jo is no longer.