The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 827 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "query" - Line: 1505 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1505 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1510 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1510 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key "v" - Line: 1591 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1591 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Vacuum Wiper - How to connect to inlet manifold, where to put the vacuum pipe
Hello... 
after I had published my video and the pdf-file, I was asked by other A7 owners whether their wiper motors were correct on their specific model (difficult question by the way - do any list exist that could give an approbriate answer?) and how their motors could be repaired. Due to the fact that working on these little "nerve-racking" gadgets is very satisfying (small, light, easy to store...) I had a closer look at another version of Lucas vacuum wiper motors. Although the leather seals are the same, the mechanism is actually more solid and less prone to wear and damage (especially when dissassembling and assembling it several times) than the younger version I had concentrated on before. Once again I put all the information into a video and a pdf-file. I have still got a Folberth Junior Wiper motor, although based on a different metal construction, it has the same seals as well. I will also create an online description of that version.

Video

https://www.youtube.com/embed/PyyQqCr_r1s

PDF-file

[Image: Lucas_Vacuum_Wiper_Motor_short_version_Repair.png]
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eh4HeU3...sp=sharing

Kind regards
Frank
Hi Frank

Great article well done, thanks for the credit.  The tip on making the leather seals is worth a try.

One bit I haven’t fully resolved is getting the wiper arm to clamp on to the shaft properly I have tried a thin strip of metal around the spindle but still slipping.  Although I have seen spindles with a hole and a pin and a spindles with notches it would be useful to know is anyone has an idea how to date the wipers.

Happy to post photos it the above is not clear.

Regards 

Douglas
Hello Douglas,
thank you very much for your kind feedback. My self-made seals have already been used in the all three wiper motors and work perfectly. The only problem is the right choice of leather. When I told some of my colleagues that I needed leather, they were all very enthusiastic and gave me all types of leather, only my visit at the most obscure shop I have ever seen, solved the problem. It should not be too thick, certainly not too soft... just try it.
The second aspect is a very common problem and... a question of tight screws and good threads... and the solution you opted for, would have been my favourite as well. Let's see what other options are possible and what other forum users suggest.
Kind regards
Frank
Just to keep the thread updated and to avoid that information might be lost... Peter Naulls has published some stunning photos of a very original RP which also show where the vacuum hose anters the body.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=17200]