The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Vacuum Wiper - How to connect to inlet manifold, where to put the vacuum pipe
Hello Smiley!
Thank you very much for your post and the information. Bit by bit I am getting closer to at least knowing what I have to do, if I do it... Do you have a photo of the hole? I would add it to the others and describe the matter in German.
Thank you very much
Frank
Hi Frank, I have taken a Photo of the pipe coming through the hole and onto the manifold.
now I need to find out how to upload it  to this thread.  Watch this space. 
Smiley Big Grin
Hello again Frank. If you would like to P.M. your email address I can then send the photo of the position of the hole.
I have tried to do it o this thread but no success. Angry
Hello Frank
I have recently replaced the leathers in my vacuum wiper.
The supplier was Base Camp. https://www.base-camp.co.uk/Cups%20.htm 
They supply parts for oil lamps and camping stoves but have a list of all the leathers they can supply by size.
I have used them for everything from blowlamps to tyre pumps.
I believe the ones for the wiper were CP630 1 3/8" diameter but please check. Just had to open the mounting hole slightly.
Hope that helps.
Adrian.

Smiley
Have you read the important thread "Posting images on the new forum" at the start of the forum. http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/foru...hp?tid=102

Hello Adrian,
thank you for your reply and the link. I have already checked the internet for suitable leathers, but could not find any suitable seals. Obviously it makes a huge difference to use metric or imperial sizes. I am absolutely not used to UK measurements... really time-consuming to figure it out. I know that the size of the brass tube is 38 mm on the outside. The seals CP630 (1 3/8") would be 35 mm. Theoretically 3 mm are missing. When you inserted the seals, were they tight or loose or did the oil or grease expand the seals? I will certainly contact your supplier, so thank you for the information... would have never found it. Once again a huge step ahead.
Thank you and regards
Frank
Hi Frank, I have sent you an email with the photo as promised. Let me know if you receive it ok. Cheers
Smiley.
Hello Frank
Just checked again and definitely CP630's.
I too was a bit unsure but went slightly smaller as they would expand with the vacuum. The size ended up spot on neither tight nor loose. They are working perfectly for me.
Soaked mine in engine oil. Mine also had a felt pad inside the leather cup which holds extra oil.
Good luck.
Adrian.
Hello Adrian,
after your post I immediately had a look at the homepage and - after a nice chat with the shop owner - I ordered them. Cannot wait to receive them and I will certainly report about my experiences and the results. So thank you very much again for your brilliant tip. I had absolutely now idea which size would fit and as I said before... metric vs. imperial.... no chance.
Regards
Frank
(22-08-2019, 03:12 PM)Frank Stoll Wrote: ... metric vs. imperial.... no chance.
Regards
Frank

Google is your friend

http://www.donbur.co.uk/gb-en/calculator...to-inches/

There are many others

Steve
Not on a 7 but on a Ford e93a I fit
A small 12v vacuum pump that worked
Well on 6v and used that to run wiper put it
Out of view and use hidden switch to turn on
Ps found pump on feabay
My problem I ask questions that other people don't like?
Like have you got that for an investment or for fun?