The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Original trim fixings - Mk1 Ruby...
I absolutely 100% agree with Rory, cars like this are an absolute joy, it is so important they are recorded in this sort of detail and the features then retained or replicated a s closely as possible during the conservation. Good to see that this one at least is not going to be ruined by ill conceived restoration. I take my hat of to you Rory by openly publishing these pictures everyone can now judge your ethics and the quality of your work, shame more people did not recognise the importance when they undertake such work.
Black Art Enthusiast
It looks very similar to mine. As a mere lad of thirty years old, 35 years ago, did I make a mistake to go down the restoration route? Certainly at the time I felt I did the right thing, the entire interior having to be removed in order to cut and weld various bits of floor, wheel arch etc. I still have all the bits of trim that were tacked in place, along with bifurcated rivets and the odd screw. even the roof lining was kept, to use as a pattern.

Also Ruairidh, does that early Ruby have sections of the body held together with rivets rather than spotwelds? Mine has few spotwelds and a lot of small hand peened rivets in place.
This early Ruby does not have an aluminium plate on the chassis it is stamped straight onto the rail...

R - Thank you fior the great photos, am sure it will help many enthusiasts in the future. Cheers, Bill in Oz