The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GN312 Special Dashboard
Hello chaps,

I've started thinking about the dash on my special, can anyone confirm if the dials are indeed 7 related ?

[Image: 48527998601_3e21740640_b.jpg]

would also be super grateful if anyone has some spare they are willing to sell ...

please note the domestic light switch under the dash...

cheers
Matt
I recognise the oil pressure gauge!
Hi

Difficult to say without some clearer pictures.  The oil gauge and ammeter could be but I don't think the speedo is.  However its a special use what you like!

The "domestic" light switch may not be.  These type of switches were used for interior lights in cars.

I like the dashboard "as it is" and I'm sure it would polish up.  I could see it with a swirled machined face.  Smile

Cheers

Howard
The ammeter looks to be from any Seven from 1933 onwards, the oil guage is 1930-32 Austin Seven; hard to tell on the speedo - it could be a late Ruby, or it could be a foreigner!
I can't even see the picture??
Black Art Enthusiast
leave it be!
Smiths Chronometric speedo? Looked a bit like MA, but the trip and miles are further out...

.jpg   s-l400.jpg (Size: 32.51 KB / Downloads: 268)
Wink 
I'll try the pic again

.jpg   dash.jpg (Size: 225.19 KB / Downloads: 182)

thanks for the comments ... any recommendations how best clean old ali sheet, its the back of a street sign funny enough
I cleaned up a steering wheel with a plastic pan scourer. It did a good job without much scratching.
araldite a wine cork to a nail and put it in the pillar drill. Some grinding paste and some time and youll have a swanky finish