The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Looking
Hi, I'm Pete. I'm new to the forum and at present do not own an Austin 7. We are serious about buying a late Ruby, so are looking and learning as much as we can. It would be nice to meet any members in the Devizes area of Wiltshire, or Bournemouth Dorset, who would be willing to help us in our search. Neither of us have even driven one as yet, so would love to "have a go" before committing to buying one. 
Pete & Sue
Private message sent to you
Hi Pete

There is a Ruby for sale on the Dorset Austin Seven Club web site, not seen it but is in the area you are looking or come along to one of the club nights and sale hello, or pop along to to start of one of our monthly runs.

http://www.da7c.co.uk/Recent_Adverts/recent_adverts.htm

Douglas
Hi Douglas
Yes I did see that advert and emailed the sell, but got no reply. We will come along to a run from Ringwood when we are in Bournemouth. I will keep an eye open. Thanks for your reply.
Pete
(11-08-2019, 05:55 PM)PeteWilts Wrote: Hi, I'm Pete. I'm new to the forum and at present do not own an Austin 7. We are serious about buying a late Ruby, so are looking and learning as much as we can. It would be nice to meet any members in the Devizes area of Wiltshire, or Bournemouth Dorset, who would be willing to help us in our search. Neither of us have even driven one as yet, so would love to "have a go" before committing to buying one. 
Pete & Sue

As often noted here - joining a local club if the only way to go - especially here in Melbourne because our excellent spares are only available to members.
Pete - in case you're confused, Tony Press refers to  Melbourne Australia, not UK (although we do have UK Remote members here).  Cheers,  Bill in Oz
Hi Bill,

Hopefully the ID showing location at the top right hand of my post indicates that  Smile
Hi Pete, you state a late Ruby don't be put off buying an early Ruby many people but not all prefer the two bearing early engine. Particulary if you are thinking of doing your own repairs and have limited knowledge or experience.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Thanks for the replies. We have now driven a tourer, thanks a a kind member on here, and are now actively looking for a 7. We are no longer limiting our search to a Ruby. We don't want a car that need a lot of work, nor one that is a show car. Ideally an older restoration that can just be used and loved.
We are in the process of joining the Bristol club, and probably Dorset.
Pete